Matcha Protein Cake Bites
My dear friend and genius nutritionist friend Lexi Borr and I have no qualms sharing our love affair for matcha with you, so we whipped up this recipe starring you guessed it: Matcha. We added in protein and made them taste like cake bites. Yes please.
· 2 scoops of vanilla whey protein (We used Natural Force.)
· 1/4 cup creamy cashew butter
· 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
· 2 tablespoons melted/cooled coconut oil
· 2 tablespoons coconut butter
· 1 tablespoon culinary grade or ceremonial grade matcha powder
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add protein powder and matcha powder to the food processor and pulse until a fine mixture is formed.
2. Add the cashew butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and coconut butter and pulse until well combined.
3. Add in the almond milk and pulse until a dough-like consistency forms.
4. Roll the dough into 1” balls, or use a cookie scoop. Topped with Supernatural sprinkles. Dark chocolate chips or coconut flakes would be good, too.
5. The protein bites should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
As per usual, if you make these, please be sure to tag me @TiffanyNapper and #Whitespaceandwellness so I can drool over your creations!
Tiffany, the Matcha Alchemist